Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! Ladies and Gentlemen, today you shall be thrilled and dazzled by wonders of magical mystery. Dr Nic’s Magic Models will now be unveiled to all. Mystery and magic that you will be able to perform at home.
Within your ActiveRecord models, never again will you need to write:
And for the finale, you will be amazed and astounded as you watch ActiveRecord models appear from nowhere. No class definition, just any old database tables you have lying around the home is all you’ll need to perform this trick!
No cover charge. No free steak knives. No heavy lifting involved.
Installation, DIY magical instructions, and a world of mystery awaits you at:
Original forum notification: http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/74957
UPDATE: Digg this!
UPDATE 2: Conversations about the Magic Models have been conducted on Ruby/Rails forums too:
- map_by_method now works with ActiveRecord associations I was always annoyed that map_by_method was broken for ActiveRecord...
- Magic Wiggly Lines => GuessMethod, by Chris Shea If you ever make time to code just for pleasure,...
- Dr Nic’s Magic Show at RejectConf2007 Update: there is a patch available for edge rails to...
- Magic Multi-Connections: A “facility in Rails to talk to more than one database at a time” At this point in time thereâ€™s no facility in Rails...
- Spring Collection – the Modular Magic Models Dr Nic’s Magic Models are like cheating on your taxes...