At last year’s RubyConf, Ryan Davis (zenspider) and Jacob Harris organised a RejectConf late one night. Apparently it was a great event that included the famous “Rubyists vs Pythonists” one-man stage show. With many more proposals rejected for RailsConf2007, there’s even more need for a RejectConf.
Ryan Davis, Professional Artist
Conference proposal get rejected? Got something wicked to show off that didn’t exist when the Call For Proposals were cut off last year? Then you.
You’ve got 5 minutes to demonstrate just how wrong the Conference Organisers were for not giving you the full 50 minutes, and to entertain the rest of us. Mostly I want to be entertained.
No idea yet. Maybe outside on the street. Perhaps in the kitchen at the venue. Hopefully we can muscle a room when we get there.
Friday or Saturday night, after the BoF sessions for that night. The more mysterious and unorganised the better chance we have of organising it.
What do I do?
Join the RejectConf mailing list
What to bring?
BYO food, drink, props, costumes and face paint.
Do I bring a gift for Dr Nic
Dr Nic always accepts free gifts. Large items of furniture are frowned upon.
Who’s organising this?
Ryan Davis. And you? Join the mailing list.
- Functional Testing using a Matrix to cover all edge cases [video] I’ve been a fan of Ryan Davis‘ (zenspider) and Eric...
- 12 new Railsconf sessions The expansion of the Railsconf schedule has added a dozen...
- Railsconf – the sessions I’ll be attending http://myconfplan.com/conferences/RailsConf2007/users/drnic This is a new site called MyConfPlan, built...
- Railsconf and Me Dear Dr Nic Williams, Thank you for registering for RailsConf...
- You! Fill in this form. Today is the 24th of November. On this day in...