I’ve dreamed of the ability to ask TextMate “what frigging bundle command/snippet is being activated by Ctrl+P or Shift+Ctrl+G?” I’ve silently pined for it. (Answer:
params[:id] in Rails, and all the Git bundle commands, respectively).
Really I’m an idiot because the correct thing to do is to ask on
##textmate, “is there a way to …?” but because I figured I knew everything about TextMate I just assumed you couldn’t search for bundle commands by their key combo.
He found the following:
Comments suggest that “what to do” isn’t clear above. My bad.
To get this working, there are 3 steps:
- Press Ctrl+Cmd+To to bring up the “Select Bundle Item” box. This feature of Textmate is awesome. You can enter the text of a bundle item and it will try to find what you are looking for.
- Click the magnifying glass
- Select ‘Key equivalent’
And here’s a picture:
- Packaging TextMate bundles in OS X DMGs Last week Engine Yard released a CLI for their Engine...
- Validate and Save your Ruby in TextMate – with secret Rubinus superpowers In some TextMate bundles, if you save a file it...
- Using Ruby within TextMate snippets and commands I didn’t know you could run Ruby within TextMate snippets....
- How to yell at people with GitHub from TextMate Sometimes when you are perusing code you ask the question:...
- GitHub and TextMate Unite I wanted to go from a source file to the...