Start downloading the torrent now, read this article 37 times and the video might be ready to watch.
I was also recording the screen during the presentation and we’ve composited the two together (a la confreaks) and it’s available via BitTorrent. If you can seed for the next few days, that would be greatly appreciated too.
The talk is 45 minutes and questions are 6 mins. (I sadly don’t repeat into the microphone some of the questions because the room acoustics were good and everyone could hear everyone else’s questions. Sorry.)
Why Blue Ridge?
These are the things I want. If there’s a better testing environment (say on HTMLUnit instead of env.js), then I think the killer packaging is to bundle it all up, with the features above, so it is drop-in, dead simple to use.
- ASP.NET + Ajax == “crapola”
- Rails promo: “easier to do Ajax than not to”
- Got myself into terrible mess with MyConfPlan
- Found BlueRidge plugin for Rails
- Headless test runner
- BDD tests via Screw.Unit
I mention a couple of miscellaneous things. Here’s a summary.
My fork of blue-ridge has the feature to render sample HTML from your templates. It wasn’t accepted into the primary blue-ridge library because it was rspec only. Perhaps someone can make it work for test/unit etc.
I alias the
Thanks to Mark Coleman for organising Rails Underground, inviting me over, and having the sessions recorded. And to SkillsMatter for recording and publishing the raw footage.
Thanks to Bo Jeanes for helping to get Final Cut Pro to mash the screencast and the SkillsMatter video into one video.
Thanks to Jack Chen for hacking some code to push the video up to s3 (when Transmit and BaconDrop were failing me)
- Using CoffeeScript in Rails and even on Heroku I’m pretty excited about CoffeeScript as a clean-syntax replacement for...
- First look at rails 3.0.pre This article is out of date in some aspects....
- Rails themes can remember things I was getting annoyed at having to remember all the...
- Install any HTML theme/template into your Rails app Have you ever even bothered to Google for “rails...
- Closing in on The Dream: “one-click-to-deploy Rails apps” Got a simple app you want to build? Allocate...